Monday, October 15, 2012

Realizing I don't know everything....

It's actually very difficult for me to admit that, I do not know everything. 

There. I said it. 

In recent conversations with Stephen, I've realized just how much I need to learn. Not necessarily about "life" because I feel I have enough life experience for a 22 year old, and I'm not really looking to learn any more life lessons any time soon.(You know the ones I'm talking about...) I'm sure I will, and those are sometimes the hardest, but the learning I'm talking about is actually concerning my beliefs. 

What does it matter if God has a body? How does the Word of Wisdom affect me personally?   Do I really want to be with my family forever?

The biggest thing that I've realized I don't know is, who is Christ? What does it matter who he is/was? Why do I need to know his teachings?

I know these are all questions that could be answered with the "Sunday School answers" but do I KNOW the answers? Are they a firm part of my testimony?

That's what I'm going to find out. I want to learn more. I'm craving it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment