Wednesday, June 1, 2011

9 weeks!!


Baby's now the size of a green olive!Your little embryo has now officially graduated to fetus-hood. Adding to the excitement, a Doppler ultrasound device might be able to pick up the beating heart. With basic physical structures in place and increasingly distinct facial features, baby is kind of starting to look like...well...a baby!

This week hasn't been too bad...I've noticed that I don't have to crawl into bed every night at 9 just to survive the next day and I really haven't had to take many naps either. I'm still getting sick in the mornings but now that my job schedule has changed to me coming in later, it's easier to take it slow and eat more before heading off to work. I've had a lot of "growing pains" as my uterus has been expanding and I wish someone had've told me just because you don't get a period for a few months doesn't mean you forget about the cramps! I talked to the midwife about it, and she said it's completely normal the baby is just a growin' in there! 

I also tried a workout dvd called Yoga Momma and I learned that while pregnant, it's probably best for me to stick with things that are not clutz inducing. I don't have the same balance or flexibility that I had before and I can only imagine that it's going to get much worse! I'll stick with the elliptical machine and treadmill :) Also, the latest cravings have been pizza and Panda Express noodles. I thought pizza was going to get old, but it most certainly has not! Mmmmm! 

Oh, and we had the first appointment back last wednesday and everything turned out normal (except some heightened thyroid levels that will be getting more exams next time) and I'm measuring right where I thought I would be. My midwife is Peggy at the University and I like her very much! She listened to me and took into consideration things like cost when offering things to us. We weren't able to hear the heartbeat just yet, but she said that's normal since it was a little early for that but we will be able to hear it next visit. If not, we'll definitely have an ultra sound and be asking for prayers! 

I know that several people thought that Stephen and I were very....umm...courageous for telling everyone so soon that we're expecting. I wouldn't have had it any other way! If something happens to this darling child, I know that I can openly tell everyone that loves me that I need a little support through this. I don't want to keep it a secret, especially with as hormonal and sick as I've been. People would think I've lost my mind! 

No comments:

Post a Comment