Thursday, June 16, 2011

11 weeks!!

Baby's now the size of a lime!Your fetus currently enjoys a 1:1 ratio between body and head, and has skin so transparent that blood vessels show right through it. But fingers and toes are no longer webbed, and hair follicles, tooth buds, and nail beds are forming -- setting up a significantly more attractive future. 


So at the check-up on Wednesday June 15, 2011 we were finally able to hear the heartbeat! It put a lot of my worry at ease and we can hopefully now just enjoy this ride! We're almost completely out of the "scary" part where there's still a pretty high risk of miscarriage but when we heard that heartbeat, not only did we realize it was strong, the midwife said it was strong and it got stronger the longer we listened! 

As for my health, they're monitoring my thyroid and my iron. My thyroid levels were just a teeny bit higher than they should be and my iron levels are borderline right now. My blood pressure has been great so far (except once but we did it again when I wasn't so nervous about the heartbeat). I am trying to eat a lot of things high in folic acid and iron plus take my prenatal! I stopped taking the one with iron in it because it made me sick and the midwife told me that's fine to switch as long as I get it in my foods!

Morning sickness has pretty much gone away in the last week and the cramping hasn't been as bad this week. We found out I have a tilted uterus and that's the reason I've been cramping so much!! What a relief!! 

Almost done with the first trimester, and it's flown by!! 

We will have our first ultrasound on June 30 when I'm 13 weeks. We're participating in a study at the University Hospital and we get free ultrasounds and get to keep the pictures :) Thankfully it's just observational or I would NOT be participating. And we have a different midwife now, but unfortunately I can't remember her name. I will by the end of the pregnancy I'm sure! 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you two. I can't wait to tell your uncle Rob the good news. Love to both, Kim.

    ReplyDelete