Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Our Eternal Family...

It's been awhile since I've posted, sadly. But there's big news!!

On February 27th, Stephen and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary. We spoke in church that day and also received callings to be Sunday School teachers (together!)

and then on March 25th, Stephen and I were sealed in the Bountiful Temple for time and all eternity.

These events did not come easily...I think Satan was pulling tricks out of his butt trying to get us to not go through with it. I'm very glad that we did get sealed and we are now and eternal family.

Last night I had a long talk with Heavenly Father and realized that I already love our children, even though I don't know them yet. I'm so concerned that I don't make them proud sometimes. I want our children to be confident to know that we are their parents and that they're in good hands.
Throughout General Conference I heard so many good lessons on teaching children and I believe that it starts now so that when I actually have a child, I already know what they need to be taught. I'm very excited to one day be a mother. I know that we live in a world nowadays that things come before having a baby, like career. But I definitely feel that my career should be raising our children.(Doesn't mean I'll never work again because I'll do what I need to do!) I want Stephen to have a career, but I think he's just fine working for the Church the rest of his life.

I really am grateful for the life I have, and I'm sad that I've taken it for granted for so long.
I love Stephen so much, and I'm so happy that we are now an eternal family.

No comments:

Post a Comment