Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Diet Plan....

Lately I've been thinking a lot about the weight I've gained since Stephen and I got married, but I don't want to be a yo-yo dieter. I guess it's a good thing that it's new years, because I've decided that it's time to change my diet. I learned a long time ago that diet isn't something that you do to lose weight, it's literally the WAY you eat. So if you're "going on a diet" you're really just CHANGING your diet.

When I first heard about Atkins from my dad, I was really young so I didn't think very much about it other than he couldn't have bread and that was torture for me!! But now that I'm older I've researched it and realized that it's not that he can't have bread, he just can't have WHITE bread because believe it or not...IT'S BAD FOR YOU. And so are white pastas...it's the same thing in every "diet" book. Switch to whole grains and you'll be healthier. Our entire nation eats a lot of junk and it's always the people that are in the most trouble with their health that have the best nutrition advice.

I've decided to change my diet to a low carb diet, and when I start adding carbs back I'm going to switch to whole grains like brown rice, and whole wheat bread. I know people hear Atkins and think bad thoughts, but if it's done CORRECTLY it's very healthy! I'm going to be eating more salads than I ever have in my life, and getting the protein that my body needs. It's all about moderation.

I hope I don't offend anyone by this post, but I get really tired of everyone being nutrition experts. I know what's right for my body and I know what I need to change to be healthier. Stephen and I were living off of Ramen noodles and Mac and Cheese...although that's cheaper, we both have gained quite a bit of weight. I'll give this a shot, and see how it goes. I'll be updating hopefully more than I have been lately. I want Stephen and I to be healthy and I want us to raise healthy children.

No comments:

Post a Comment